12 years of teaching experience
New Mexico licensure in English language arts teaching grades 7-12 and Administration K-12
National Math and Science Initiative Teacher Training
AP Language and AP Literature Teacher Training, Rice University
National Writing Project Teacher Consultant, Indiana University
• 2015- present, English Language Arts teacher grades 7-8, Mesa View Middle School, Farmington Municipal Schools, 2001 North Dustin Avenue, Farmington, NM 87401, (505) 324-9820. Duties: teaching, ELA department head, flipped learning team, data team.
• 2013-2015, English language arts and AP Language teacher grades 10-11, KIPP Houston High School, 10711 KIPP Way, Houston, TX 77099, (832) 328-1082. Duties: teaching, lesson planning, leading tutorial sessions.
• 2011-2013, English language arts and AP Language teacher grades 10-12, Harmony Science Academy, 9431 W. Sam Houston Parkway South, Houston, TX 77099, (713) 492-0214. Duties: teaching, lesson planning, curriculum development, and serving as theatre coach.
• 2008-2011, English language arts teacher and Dean of Students grades 10-12, C.A.S.T.L.E. High School, 1729 Superior Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44114, (216) 443-5400. Duties: teaching, lesson planning, curriculum development, master scheduling, facilitating professional development sessions on classroom management, serving on the school leadership team, advising senior projects, coaching journalism and yearbook, and creating school newsletters.
• 2006-2008, English language arts teacher grades 9-10, Hope High School, 2121 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44115, (216) 321-9415. Duties: teaching, lesson planning, guidance counseling, master scheduling, and basketball coaching.
• 2005-2006, writing teacher grades 7-8 Frankfort Middle School, 329 North Maish Road, Frankfort, IN 46041, (765) 659-3321. Duties: teaching, lesson planning, serving as theatre coach, sponsoring spelling bee, and basketball coaching.
2008-2010, Masters of Education in Organizational Leadership, Cleveland State University
2001-2005, Bachelor of Arts in English, DePauw University