Flipped Learning is estimated to be growing at 37.4% per year. With that growth, one of the concerns as it scales is that Flipped Learning be done well. Another study (Shi-Chun, 2014) stated, “Although the idea is straightforward, a successful and effective flip needs careful preparation.” (Shi-Chun, 2014).
This has led us to the desire to take a “pulse” of Flipped Learning Educators across the globe. I, along with lead Research fellow at FLGI, Dr. Raul Santiago are collecting data about the perceptions of Flipped Learning from teachers and students.
To that end, we would like to invite you to apply for an opportunity to participate in a large study of flipped learning. The study consists of two surveys: One for you (as a teacher) and one for your students. The study will compare the perceptions of flipped learning of both students and teachers. This survey will be initially be done in both English and Spanish. If you are interested in other languages, please email Raul Santiago (email@example.com ) and he can assist you.
If you participate you will:
- Get a coupon code for 20% off of upcoming Flipped Courses at the Flipped Learning Global Initiative (FLGlobal.org)
- Get a unique URL for your students to take the survey. (The survey will take about 10 min)
- Get back your students results (Yours and your students)
- A report of the perceptions of all students in flipped class from around the world.
- A report of the perceptions of all teachers in flipped classes from around the world.
If you would like to participate, please click on this link: https://es.surveymonkey.com/r/teacher_eng_2017
“Popularity of Online and Community Learning Predicted to Boost the Demand for Flipped Classrooms Through 2020, Says Technavio.” Business Wire, 12 May 2016, www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160512005035/en/Popularity-Online-Community-Learning-Predicted-Boost-demand.
Shi-Chun, Du, et al. “The Flipped Classroom Advantages and Challenges.” Proceedings of the 2014 International Conference on Economic Management and Trade Cooperation, 2014, doi:10.2991/emtc-14.2014.3.